1. Nowhere in nature is aluminum found free, owing to its always____with other elements, most commonly with oxygen.
A. being combined B. having combined C. to combine D. combined
2. Physics is the present day equivalent of ____used to be called natural philosophy, from ____ most of present day science arose.
A. which, what B. that, which C. what, which D. what, that
3. On no account ____ever leave the baby at home alone.
A. should you B. you should C. shall you D. you shall
4. ____the center of our planetary system was considered as heresy by the church in the Middle Ages.
A. It is the sun and not the earth B. That the sun and not the earth
C. Being the sun and not the earth D. The sun and not the earth
5. The reason that his property was confiscated by the country, it ____, was that he was involved in a lot of fraudulent activities during the war.
A. was turned out B. was being turned out C. being turned out D. turned out
6. I’d rather you ____by train because the weather forecast said there would be heavy snow tomorrow.
A. went B. should go C. will go D. go
7. Einstein won the Nobel Prize in 1921 and enjoyed great fame in Germany until the rise of Nazism ____he was expelled from Germany because he was a Jew.
A. when B. who C. then D. which
8. Nowhere but in the remotest region of the country ____find a place to settle down.
A. can he B. he can C. he D. for him to
9. With one leg broken in that car accident, he cannot even walk,____run.
A. let alone B. that’s to say C. not to speak D. not to mention
10.____, she led a life of complete seclusion.
A. Being disgraced B. Disgraced C. Disgracing D. She was disgraced
11. Sometimes a bus ____gets on the bus to check the tickets.
A. agent B. officer C. conductor D. inspector
12. He made a quick ____from his illness.
A. relief B. recovery C. survival D. relaxation
13.____the stress of examinations are over, we can all relax.
A. While B. Even though C. Now that D. For
14. My cousin Nancy is often in a poisonous mood; I suppose it’s because she is ____child.
A. one B. a lone C. a single D. an only
15.____the factors already referred to, people sometimes feel insecure because their motives are misunderstood by others.
A. But for B. Except for C. Apart from D. Except that
16. If the scheme is ____carried out without waste of time or energy I shall be completely satisfied.
A.relatively B. noticeably C. appropriately D. efficiently
17. One day we all may find it useful to have a(n) ____for sending documents, writing any pictures across the telephone lines.
A. receiver B. echo C. extension D. facility
18. To their credit the Department of Energy ____these ideas and funded a detailed study.
A. took over B. took on C. took up D. took to
19. Feeling that she was in the right, she took ____at the dirty remark.
A. protection B. offense C. defense D. guard
20. They agreed to share in common any ____of funds after all expenses were paid in full.
A. sufficiency B. surpass C. excess D. surplus
来源 : 网络 2019-08-07 13:59:16 关键字 : 2020考博英语词汇语法练习题
来源 : 网络 2019-08-07 13:58:24 关键字 : 2020考博英语词汇语法练习题
来源 : 网络 2019-08-07 13:57:29 关键字 : 2020考博英语词汇语法练习题
来源 : 网络 2019-08-07 13:56:42 关键字 : 2020考博英语词汇语法练习题
来源 : 网络 2019-08-07 13:55:31 关键字 : 2020考博英语词汇语法练习题
价格 : ￥1元
价格 : ￥1元