National English Admission Test for Medical Doctoral Students
Part I Listening
Section A º
Directions: In this section of the test, you will hear 15 short conversations between two speakers.
At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and questions will be read only once. You must listen carefully and choose the right answer from the four choices marked A, B, C and D. Mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.
For Example: A B D
1. A. John is good at painting.
B. John’s sister’s son is good at painting.
C. The woman suggest the man take up painting.
D. The woman is making fun of the man.
2. A. He has a fried who majored in economics.
B. He hasn’t taken more than one economics course.
C. He’s been learning a lot this year, too.
D. He couldn’t make any sense out of his course.
3. A. Check the price of calculators. B. Finish his statistics homework.
C. Look for a job in mathematics. D. Use a smaller calculator.
4. A. Because the police stopped him. B. Because the driver charged too much.
C. Because he had been robbed. D. For no good reason.
5. A. Take some more vegetables. B. Pass the woman the meat.
C. Avoid taking any more food. D. Help to prepare the potatoes.
6. A. In her office. B. In the library.
C. In the laboratory. D. In the conference room.
7. A. Professor Miller offered more help than he had expected.
B. Professor Miller will not discuss the topic with him.
C. He asked Professor Miller for some books.
D. Professor Miller gave him more books than he had requested.
8. A. She thinks the explanations are difficult.
B. The explanations will be added in a later edition.
C. She thinks the book should include more information.
D. The book includes an explanation of all the answers.
9. A. He probably supports nuclear power plants.
B. He probably opposes nuclear power plants.
C. He probably no opinion on this topic.
D. He probably tries to understand both sides.
10. A. Use every minute of their time wisely.
B. Live there until the final time.
C. Finish their assignments early if possible.
D. Save the lab samples.
11. A. She is dependable. B. She is hard-working.
C. She is kind. D. She is helpful.
12. A. It made her ill.
B. She believes the refreshments could have been better.
C. She feels regret about the lack of success.
D. She felt that her clothes were inappropriate.
13. A. She likes to get E-mails.
B. She hasn’t seen her friends just lately.
C. She lives in the same house with the man and woman are talking.
D. She is their best friend.
14. A. He doesn’t need a green pen.
B. He never bought a green pen.
C. He never returned the woman’s green pen to her.
D. He doesn’t have a green pen with him.
15. A. Bill will buy the car as soon as he gets the money.
B. Bill’s friend is buying the car from him.
C. Bill can’t afford to buy a new car.
D. Bill has already made the down payment on the car.
Section B º
Directions: In this section of the test, you will hear three talks. After each talk, there are five questions. The talks and questions will be read only once. You must listen carefully and choose the right answer from the four choices marked A, B, C and D. Mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.
For Example: A B D
16. A. A nutritionist. B. A professor.
C. A dining hall manager. D. A doctor.
17. A. A note for his doctor. B. A dining hall pass.
C. A list of restaurants. D. A food chart.
18. A. He’s an athlete. B. He has high blood pressure.
C. He has a high cholesterol level. D. He’s overweight.
19. A. In the hospital cafeteria. B. In his room.
C. In restaurants. D. In the dining hall.
20. A. Angry. B. Hungry.
C. Relieved. D. Tired.
21. A. Fire prevention. B. Pest control.
C. House construction. D. Toxic chemicals.
22. A. It’s cheaper. B. It’s safer.
C. It’s quicker. D. It’s readily available.
23. A. To keep the heat inside.
B. To prevent insects from escaping.
C. To reduce the risk of fire.
D. To keep the wood dry.
24. A. To show that the treatment will not cause fire.
B. To emphasize the dangers of the old method.
C. To explain a step in the new technique.
D. To illustrate a compromise between old and new systems.
25. A. Above 125 degrees Centigrade. B. About 50 degrees Centigrade.
C. Around 65 degrees Centigrade. D. At 80 degrees Centigrade.
26. A. Read and commented on the proposed topics.
B. Had conferences with some students.
C. Returned the topic papers to her students.
D. Realized their research papers are due in six weeks.
27. A. A recent textbook assignment. B. Requirements for the final examination.
C. Choosing research topics. D. Preparing an outline for a paper.
28. A. Immediately. B. The following week.
C. In two weeks. D. At the end of the semester.
29. A. To present final papers. B. To give a model of outline style.
C. To discuss the preliminary outline. D. To discuss final grades.
30. A. With a thesis statement. B. With a list of references.
C. With a summary of the conference. D. With the student’s name.
Part II Vocabulary (10%)
Directions: In this section all the sentences are incomplete. Four words or phrases, marked A, B, C and D, are given beneath each of them. You are to choose one word or phrase that best completes the sentence. Then, mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.
31.The fact is, doctor, I just can’t _____ this dreadful cough.
A. get out of B. get rid of
C. get down to D. get round to
32. After eight hours at the wheel of the lorry, the driver was beginning to feel the _______.
A. nervousness B. tension
C. strain D. extension
33. The Chinese government is determined to ____ the established policy of developing
A. go after B. go by
C. go ahead D. go on
34. The Manager has asked to see the sales _____ resulting from our recent advertising campaign.
A. numbers B. figures
C. amounts D. quantities
35. The local medical officer reported a serious _____ of food-poisoning.
A. state B. incident
C. outbreak D. event
36. They didn’t know how to put in a central-heating system, but they managed it by trial and _____.
A. blunder B. slip
C. error D. mistake
37.I was going to say something about the matter; but _____ I gave it up.
A. on second thoughts B. on the whole
C. at the thought of D. on second thought
38. Even if it is a cold day, I think cool water looks _______.
A. inviting B. distasteful
C. disgusting D. repulsive
39. The man’s face was _______ from his infected tooth despite his visit to the dentist.
A. bulging B. swollen
C. dilated D. expanded
40. Similar ethical questions ______ as advances are made in such areas as organ transplant and
fetal in utero surgery.
A. appeal B. arise
C. arouse D. abuse
Directions: Each of the following sentences has a word or phrase underlined. There are four other words or phrases beneath each sentence. Choose the one word or phrase which would best keep the meaning of the original sentence if it were substituted for the underlined part. Mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.
41. Many people came to donate blood of their own accord.
A. willingly B. for their own sake
C. of their own D. without the help of others
42. When natural gas burns, the hydrocarbon molecules break up into atoms of carbon and hydrogen.
A. contract B. vaporize
C. collide D. separate
43. The outlook for the patient will be further aggravated by any associated hypertensive process.
A. destroyed B. worsened
C. aggrieved D. complicated
44. In the system of ethics known as utilitarianism, the rightness or wrongness of an action is
judged by its consequences.
A. cost B. necessity
C. results D. relevance
45. The pilot made one last frantic distress call before he bailed out.
A. little B. desperate
C. routine D. futile
46. At the magnificent banquet a new intoxicating drink was introduced which aroused great interest among the guests.
A. appetizing B. cooling
C. warming D. stimulating
47. The number of hours that have intervened between the accident and operation is a crucial factor.
A. interfered B. interlaced
C. interposed D. interlinked
48. “Suffocation” dreams are concerned with the breathing difficulties of a heavy cold.
A. suffusing B. suffering
C. cutting off D. choking
2020医学考博英语完形填空解题方法 一、运用语篇知识 1 利用段首句或首段最大限度地获取信息 通常，完形填空的第一句话甚至前几
2020医学考博英语阅读理解解题八个技巧 一：做到选项无生词。 大家在做医学考博英语真题时，务必将每一篇阅读理解的题目、选项以及文
来源 : 网络 2020-07-16 19:11:43 关键字 : 医学博士英语作文范文
价格 : ￥1元
价格 : ￥1元